Friday, November 13, 2009

Make Your Own Blanket Binding

Years ago I drafted a pattern, i.e. directions, on how to make your own blanket binding out of fabric. The idea is to coordinate the blanket with the room decor or a theme. Store bought blanket bindings don't offer many options.

Now I've decided to make them available to everyone. They'll be included in my monthly newsletter, but I thought I'd start right here. All you need is wool blanket fabric or an old wool blanket that needs refurbishing, make your own binding and you've got a blanket ready to use.

If you'd like the instructions, just let me and I'll send them to you.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Jan, have you uploaded that file to somewhere on the web? The c/ makes me think you're linking directly to your own computer (unless you just left that as the file name)
In any case, it doesn't work as a link for me even with copy/paste and adding http:// to the front.

The Wooly Thread said...

Thanks for letting me know, Kathy. I've changed to post until I can get a link to work.

Anonymous said...

JAn, I would love to have direction for the blanket binding.
Thank you,
Sally

Our Family said...

The instructions are on my website under 'Free'. Here's the link:
http://www.woolythread.com/projects.html