Friday, November 28, 2008

Wool Rocks - Boulders


We stock some wool rocks as part of our regular inventory. These 'rocks' are hand made in South Africa as part of a job creation program for women there. They are needle felted wool made to look like real rocks. They come in variety of colors and sizes. We stock the smaller ones which range from 2" to about 13" in diameter. They are shown and described on our regular website - www.woolythread.com.
However, recently a woman contacted me about wanting to purchase some of our wool rocks, but she wanted them to be really big - boulder size. She is using them for display, as well as, for extra seating and as ottomans. We got them for her and she graciously sent me pictures of them in her home, so I could share them with you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are really unexpected and beautiful.

The Reed Family said...

Thanks, I love them, too. I'd like to get some for my house.

june said...

What a perfect setting (sitting?) for them! They even look cozy.

Anonymous said...

I would love to get some boulders. Do you sell them?

Our Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Wooly Thread said...

I don't sell them any more, nor do I know where you could get them. Sorry.